As our test pilots or drivers would testify, Bigatmo’s Alutra Copper P20 Photochromic lenses used in our sunglasses have been optimised for high contrast environments.
Unlike conventional sunglasses which simply darken your immediate surroundings, the optimised tint of the Alutra Photochromic allows enough light to pass through so that you can easily read your instruments – even inside a dark cockpit or on a shady car dashboard.
However, as soon as you step outside into bright sunlight, Bigatmo Alutra Photochromic lenses instantly react to the increase in UV light. Whereas the tint of the lens remains lighter in the shade or when behind a windscreen, it becomes much darker when exposed to direct sunlight.
Following thousands of hours of real time testing and development, Bigatmo Alutra Photochromic lenses have evolved into something quite unique: a high speed lens that reacts so rapidly to changing light conditions that they’re amongst the fastest on the market. This allows your eyes to feel permanently relaxed, and as the photochromic material is integrated into the core of the NXT® lens, it can’t wear off.
Bigatmo Altutra Photochromic lenses are optimized for high contrast environments such as a cockpit or car.
Benefits of Bigatmo Alutra (copper/brown) P20 Photochromic lens technology
- Copper/ Brown High speed photochromic lens
- Optimised for high contrast conditions such as on a flight deck of an aeroplane or driving a car
- Sharp HD clarity
- Vibrant Colour acuity
- Tested by pilots
- High speed photochromic lens smoothly reacts to bright or shady conditions, keeping your eyes relaxed when you’re out and about
- Lens material composed of NXT Trivex, a lightweight and virtually unbreakable optical polymer
- Industry leading anti-reflective, anti-scratch and omniphobic, ‘easy-to-clean’ coatings
- P20 photochromic material intergraded into the core of the lens so it cannot wear off
- High impact and chemical resistance
- 100% harmful UV light blocked
- Available in prescription
Alutra lenses are available in five different eye shapes and a variety of different frame colours and mirror finishes.
More Bigatmo lenses
Our Zeolite lenses use advanced Light Management Technology to enhance colour by filtering out the wavelengths that fall between red, blue and green – the primary colour in which we see. Your eyes receive more specific colour information improving overall image sharpness and clarity.
Our Polarized lenses have the same colour enhancing technology as our Zeolite lenses, together with a polarizing filter which dramatically reduces glare from roads, snow, sea and sand, revealing all kinds of hidden details and textures in High Definition.